2.2
Additional Fees
Insurance Plans Acceptance

In June 2017 I had a leak in my cooling system. In order to drive the vehicle to the place of repair, I poured anti-freeze into the overflow jar instead of the radiator- totally stupid on my part- and then attempted to drive the vehicle about 10 miles to the place of repair.

Engine was normal temp for several miles, the pegged out. In short, I ruined the engine. I did not even think of an insurance claim until I was having lunch with my agent who told me he felt I had a claim. We filed a claim.

Local adjuster finally showed up and was negative from the beginning. I told him who had installed the engine and where the old engine was. He mad no attempt to verify any of this. To make a very long story short, another claims rep who does not like my agent denied the claim over the phone in a huff while speaking with my agent.

The claim was denied as mechanical failure. The mechanical failure was the result of my stupidity, not the cause of the loss. There was no loss until I tried to drive the vehicle after pouring the coolant in the wrong tank. Insurance policies are written for human stupidity and error, which this was.

I have argued this point with them for a year, all to no avail. They finally turned the claim over to an attorney who is a joke in my opinion. He is in Cheyenne Wyoming. I will give his name if necessary.

We would change companies in a minute, but I am now of the age where insurance companies love to cancel you. We have a non-cancellable policy with Farmers, so I feel we are stuck where we are. Companies are no longer writing non-cancellable policies, so we are stuck where we are. Their claims department is a total mess!

From what I can tell, it is a bunch of egptistical self-centered millenials who have very little knowledge of what they are doing. I have been and still am a licensed claims rep, although retired.

I have handled many of these claims in my career, so I do know what I am talking about. I definitely do NOT recommend them to anyone!!!

Reason of review: Denial of a covered loss.

I liked: Agent and his staff.

Comments