The local Farmers Insurance Company here in Pueblo, Colorado has sought public domain information and then photographed residences in order to put together a sales pitch to "connect on a personal level" with it's potential consumers. The document does in fact look personalized but they are playing to the emotions of the prospect customer. Lets dabble a little further:
1. Most people like to know that their privacy is secured and kept from the prying eyes of solicitors.
2. Some people are in the "do not contact" list provided by the Federal Trade Commission in order to stop soliciting e-mails and junk mail to the home.
3. Just about everyone doesn't want a stranger driving by their homes taking photographs of their houses.
I contacted these people and addressed this issue, they down played it as an innocent sales pitch and nothing serious and were "very sorry to have disturbed" my wife. They said that they were getting great feed back and business from people who liked the new technique and would benefit from my business as well. I was insulted.
I have filed with the FTC and wanted everyone to know that these people are seeking out public record, despite any effort to remain unsolicited by vendors and business at my home. It is wrong for any business to seek out a loop hole in consumer privacy. This ism borderline stalking!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Farmers Home Insurance
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Back on September 9, 2015 I was hit head on by a gecio insurance customer. Here it is 11 months later my medical bills haven't been paid, my..."
- "The Dentists Insurance Company (TDIC) Didn't replace all damaged equipment, remediate mold or pay loss of income to restore water damaged dental practice in Phoenix, AZ. Does TDIC actually..."
- " When I signed up on the Healthcare.gov exchange, luckily I was smart enough to save a pdf copy of the Summary of Benefits on my laptop. Now,..."
- "Could UPS be a sh**ier delivery service. I've had UPS deliver packages to my house many times and every time they have, there has been no knock on the door,..."
- "Checked in to aurora Colorado extended stay and was not greeted by front desk. Attendant was in the back I waited 15 mins for check in. Was told..."
- "This is the 4th time UPS does this!!! I am sick and tired of it!!! Please avoid them!!!! They are extremely unprofessional!!!!! Who does this s***????? Don't you guys drug..."
- "I have become the victim of rascism by Kayla Dormer who is emploed at Aerotek recruting which is a recruiting firm. I met Kayla for the recruitment process and ..."
- "I signed with Verizon because of their reputation and their service. Then I was abruptly shoved over to Frontier, who doesn't give me the 75/75 internet service and I have..."
- "On Monday, October 17, 2016 at 3:35PM, I went to KFC on Patton Avenue in Asheville, North Carolina to get the usual Liver dinner. I completed the mykfcexperience.com survey on..."