Update added by user Apr 04, 2012
I just learned that:
Farmers â€“ Swiss-owned Farmers Insurance Group consistently ranks at or near the bottom of homeowner satisfaction surveys, and for good reason. For example, Farmers had an incentive program called â€œQuest for Goldâ€ that offered pizza parties to its adjusters that met low claims payments goals. American Association of Justice
Better Business Bureau rated Farmers Insurance an \"F\" which is its Worst rating. (Rating as of 11/3/2005)
July 2008, Insurance Industry Employs â€œDeny, Delay, Defendâ€ Strategy, Puts Profits Over Policyholders. The rankings show a distinct pattern of insurance industry greed amongst 10 companies that refuse to pay just claims, employ hardball tactics against policyholders, reward executives with extravagant salaries, and raise premiums while hoarding excessive profits. (American Association for Justice)
Original review posted by user Apr 04, 2012
I have had farmers Insurance for quite a long time for my house and my car, and have had accident free discounts on my car policy for forever, until just recently. And this is how Farmers Insurance has treated me.
1st I'd like to mention that Farmers Insurance let Bank of America cancel my home insurance. How they allowed the bank to do this when I pay the insurance for my home, is still unknown (they probably share computer information?), but my agent was able to fix this. However, this horrific story does not end with home insurance errors. Please read on what they have done with my car insurance, and I guaranty that would won't believe what you read.
On my way to work one morning, I ran over some sharp piece of metal in the middle lane of a Colorado Interstate Highway, where construction was being performed. One of the construction trucks may have dropped something onto the road and not picked it up. This piece of metal punctured my front tire and also slit the metal on my passenger door.
No one was hurt and nothing else was damaged no other cars involved..nothing. I pulled over to the side of the road to be safe (that is what you are supposed to do) and I called for assistance and then scheduled for repair. Repair was $984 and rental car was $200 something
However, 2 days ago I received a notice in the mail from Farmers Insurance, that my insurance for my car had gone up approximately $500 dollars !!!!!! I called my insurance rep only to find out that I lost my accident free standing with the company because of the claim I filed when I ran over that piece of metal in the road, and that my claim was over $1000 dollars. So in essence if I paid for the rental car (which my insurance is supposed to pay for), my insurance would not have gone up. This is so ridiculous!!.
Farmers states that I hit the metal, when in fact I ran over the metal that was laying in the middle of the road in the middle lane , I did not colloid with it (BIG DIFFERENCE). I asked, what if my car went over a pot hole or space-junk fell on my car, and the reply was the same...you still get charged with hitting it. They have a commercial on TV right now (shows a music box with an Apolo11 capsule being dropped on it) and the announcer says we even cover that.
I FAIIL TO SEE WHY THEY INCREASED MY INSURANCE THIS HIGH WHEN I WAS NOT IN AN ACCIDENT!!!!!! It is just the sneaky and inventive way that they write the policy, that they are able to do this!! They even filed this with the Colorado Insurance Commission. So then I asked, ok what if something hits my windshield, as that is still my car incurring damage. the reply was, well that's something different.. WHAT??? So in other words, if something hits or affects ANY OTHER part of my car it's called an accident? But my windshield is not part of the car?
GIVE ME A BREAK. This insurance company that I thought would be good for me just SCREWED ME OVER and did it in a big way. So now if I try to leave them or get insurance from any other company, they will see this from Farmers Insurance and give me higher rates.
THANK YOU FARMERS INSURANCE for being the worst company that I have ever dealt with. I will make sure everyone I know and come in contact with knows about how you treat your customers. Oh and by the way, I am a 100 disabled veteran, who will also advise every Veteran and Active Duty person that I come in contact with about this, I will run articles in local papers and post bulletins in all the blogs and all the website on the internet…so no one else GET RIPPED OFF.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Car Insurance
- Review category
- Review rating
- 5 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "I live in a rule area, I pay state farm $5,000.00 a year. On 5/13/14 a person back into my car in a parking lot, my car wasn't damaged. When..."
- "Last week an insured driver with Farmers Insurance mowed through my front lawn in his car destroying my kids swing set, landscaping and water fountain. I have submitted everything they..."
- "I recently found out that one of Statefarm's so -called agents is having inappropriate discussions, texts with my husband. When I found this out I immediately go to the office..."
- "Purchased electric water heater on 10/29/15. Could not afford their contractor price to install. Hired a relative. Reset button began tripping immediately. This went on for 2 weeks then breaker..."
- "I live in the US and wanted to send flowers for mothers day to my mom who lives in Canada. I found a nice arrangement called 'Shades of Pink'..."
- "Your policy on karting everybody in the store that buys a pack of cigarettes for you is *** i'm 64 years old and they won't sell me a pack of..."
- "I buy the Liquid Lava for my husband, who is an avid gardener - and for me, a mixed media artist. We both love it... and I have been..."
- "My HVAC was installed last friday that I reported to you before. The problem is the job is not complete. Early Services has not received the HEAT STRIP and if..."
- "Ordered item listed by Kaje722 on eBay 8/24 with USPS Priority delivery date of 8/29. Purchased this item after reviewing sellers positive feedback. That listing stated item to be..."